Monday, December 5, 2011

Tip #20: iPad Camera Connection

When dealing with clients, I soon learned that they usually want instant gratification during or immediately after a shoot. The tool that helps me do this is the Apple iPad.

On a recent event shoot, the client asked, "How soon will I be able to see photos?" Moments before, I had pulled a memory card from the camera and used the iPad Camera Connection Kit to transfer the files from the card to the iPad. I showed the client the results of a few of my selected shots from the day's shoot. The client was thrilled to see large scale images so quickly. About an hour later, I recovered the iPad that had been passed from guest to guest.

Terry White has done a lengthy review of the iPad as a photography workflow tool. A visit to his site is worth the effort.


[Back to the Main Site]