Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tip #30: Bags, Bags, Bags

I have three different camera bags, but I only use two of the them. The bag I no longer use is the kit bag that came with the first DSLR that I purchased. That bag was a traditional camera bag large enough for a camera body, a spare lens, and a few accessories. I actually traveled with that bag all across northern Europe.

Since then, I have purchased two additional bags, one to carry everything and the other to help conceal the fact that I am carrying a camera. The first is a Kata 30, 3N1. It's a right or left sling bag and a full-on backpack. It also has an attachment loop that slides onto my pull-along suitcase handle. The second bag is a Tenba messenger style shoulder bag. The Tenba is my every day camera bag. It has a nice shoulder strap and a carry handle and holds a camera with lens attached, a few accessories, and has a sleeve pocket for an iPad or notebook size computer. When I carry it, it looks like many other shoulder bags carried on a college campus.

All three bags provide vital protection for the gear I use. Oh and the tip, a pillow case is not good carry device for a camera.


[Back to the Main Site]