Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tip #78: Moving Pictures

No photographer's repertoire is complete without knowing a little about video. Why? Well, your customers are going to expect it, plus the technology is almost universal. I have it on my phone; I have it on a video camera; I have it in my DSLR's; I have it on the web -- video is everywhere.

There are free video editors on both PC's and Mac's; there are shareware video editors; and there are packages to buy. The price range is almost as varied as the sources of video, themselves. I use a consumer suite from Pinnacle software. It handles many input formats and can create output in most of the popular formats, including full HD.

Be prepared for a fairly steep learning curve. Fortunately, the duration of the curve is not too long. The effort will be worth it.



[Back to the Main Site]