Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tip #77: From the Seminar

Yesterday, I attended Scott Kelby's "Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It" seminar. Five hundred of us were taught and entertained by Scott and his staff, as Scott went through the steps in the different processes. I learned a good deal about setting up portrait sessions with live models, product shoots, and how to retouch each of the styles. The seminar was balanced between lighting arrangements and the use of Photoshop to retouch and produce the final images. I also learned about tethered shooting and why it is important in the studio -- a two inch screen on the back of a camera is just not large enough to make good lighting decisions. I can definitely recommend attending one of Scott's seminars, if you get the chance.

As with most seminars, there was an opportunity to hear about new products coming to the market to make photo editing chores less tedius. Two vendors jumped out at me. I recomend a visit to both companies' websites.




[Back to the Main Site]