Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tip #72: More Photographic Training


In previous tips I have described the pros that I follow. I have provided links to their sites, and I have offered up camera maker sites that provide tutorials. I would be remiss in not pointing you to specific sites that I use to learn more about my blossoming craft.

My favorite trainer is Scott Kelby. Scott has blogs and sites that offer free and paid-for instruction. Scott also does nationwide tours. In fact, I am attending his "Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It -- Live" seminar in Austin on Monday. I am sure I will come out of that training with a whole set of skills for which I was previously unaware. I am looking forward to 8 hours with Scott.

  • For starters and for free tips try KelbyTV.com

  • For more in-depth, but paid-for instruction, try KelbyTraining.com

  • And, if you get a chance attend one of his live seminars. I'll have more to say on this topic, next week.





Note to Boss: Yes, I am taking a vacation day.



[Back to the Main Site]